Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Days


I could see Roland relax when we were reunited. Tears came easily when he held our first grandchild.  He said as he rested next to James that looking at him was more effective at relieving his nausea than any of his prescribed medicines. That's the power of our minds.



 He enjoyed seeing extended family and friends and appreciated all the love and conversations.

Four Generations

Connection with dear to our hearts, Kaitlyn


Now that we are home, he is so appreciative of all the little things I do in the home, for him, and for the children.  I didn't expect him to do those things while I was away.  I am happy to be home and in a similar way that it was difficult to leave Roland to care for himself and the children when I came to help with the baby, I had trouble leaving Tikla, Austin and baby James.  I know they will be just fine without my help, but I had grown accustomed to caring for them.

Roland seems more energetic than he was before.  He works in the yard, goes to work, takes a nap before dinner and doesn't seem grumpy, in fact he is quite cheerful.  Two days ago, Roland was saying how amazing it is that he has not been sick even once since he began this adventure despite the children all having a touch of something here and there and almost at the same time he noticed a small lump in his underarm area.  We both gulped--hoping it wasn't a lymph node.  I made an appointment with his regular doctor whom he saw yesterday.  It is not a big concern, but it could be an infection of some kind. (Most likely a cyst, but it could be an abscess)   Since he is under the effects of Chemo his doctor prescribed antibiotics just to be safe.  That was good news!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Tikla and families!!! such precious moments. - Emily (Ulmer) Rowley

    ReplyDelete