Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Much Improved

I feel like I am getting my husband back.  Yay!  He took care of the van when it wouldn't start and danced with me in the kitchen.  He eats what we eat now without pre-numbing his esophagus, though small portions and each bite with a water chaser. His chest is still annoyingly painful, but not as severe.  Friday is the 3-week mark and it seems we heading for normal.  He wears a compression stocking for the blood clots just on the lower left leg which helps when he has to walk around campus at work. He is usually cold which is common with patients who have had Chemo.  It probably doesn't help that it snowed two days in a row; it is melting fast.   He is considering adding more part-time work hours as they become available.  He smiles more and even cheered me up when I was having a Mom-role intense day by listening, validating and brainstorming ideas with me.  I feel so grateful for these good days; this is my kind of adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that things are returning to normalish. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete