Thursday, April 4, 2013

Now What?

Our blender motor stopped working, but it was under warranty, so the company said they would send a new one.  This is important because we blend everything Roland eats. 

He wore his Indiana Jones Adventure Hat to work.  :-)  He is liking teaching his one hour per day class for now and has applied and would really like to get the full time SUU teaching position that begins in July.

He has been leading our family and overseeing the care of the fruit trees and lawn.  He rests a lot and has constant pain in the middle of his chest.  Now that he is becoming less reliant on me, I need to redefine my role and make adjustments.  I have become accustomed to being his caretaker, so now I need to force myself to back off and do the things I did before this adventure.  We are still adventuring, but I am figuring out how I fit into it.  I have a strong feeling that I need to be braced for whatever may come next (the other shoe to fall), but that is exhausting and probably unnecessary.  Trying to get my thoughts to go in the direction of dealing with the future as it presents itself is a daily effort.  Yesterday I had a lot of deep emotion and out of touch expectations.  Today is much better and not only because the blender motor arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment