Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trust and Love

An opportunity to chaperone for State Drama came and Roland encouraged me to go with our boys.  This meant someone else would have to give the injections.  He thought he could do it.  It was a nice change of pace for me and a good check to see how well I am "backing off."  I didn't sleep enough on the two day trip and when we got back, it was obvious he hadn't either. His leg looked swollen.  He had done a lot of great things for the family. The house looked tidy.  The campaign posters were ready to hang.   He took care of the lawn and a gutter repair.  Fortunately, he had a pizza certificate that he used to feed the family.  Alex helped with the injections.  I think I could have been helpful in lightening his load if I had stayed home, but he seemed pleased with his contributions.  I feel like he is doing too much, but I need to trust that he will rest when he needs to.  He shows his love through acts of service; He is so good to me.

Today I have been able to rest/recover.  He seems alert and clear-minded.  We have talked about the decision of whether to go two more rounds or be done.  He reasons that if the cancer is not obliterated, he would always wonder if the two more rounds would have helped, so he is leaning toward going for it. 

A good friend of his was obviously inspired when he sent a box of things that Roland loved.  It arrived when I was away and made him feel so cared about and personally understood.  Not many people really understand Roland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment