Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dark Days

Oh how I hope this is the worst of it.  He has become quite down and there seems to be little I can do to bring back his winning smile.  He has asked for prayers specifically for help with being kinder with the children.  He has had a shorter fuse than we all are accustomed to and he has a strong desire for that to change.  He has made a goal of it.  His appetite is almost gone.  (Popcicles and crackers and water are all he will eat right now). He is on the strongest anti-nausea medicine we have.  He feels warm to the touch, but he says he feels cold and yet he doesn't have a temperature.  I don't want to leave him alone.  It is difficult to see him like this.  He received a blessing last night for which we are both grateful.  Truly we are surrounded by angels both seen and unseen.  We were not meant to hike alone this rugged terrain.  The view will be worth the toil.  We are becoming stronger.   I wouldn't trade this adventure for anyone else's.  This one is custom designed for our betterment.  "Trust, no matter what."

8 comments:

  1. Oh Shauna! How I wish we had signed up for sunny days, but they will come again--I'm sure of that. The kids and I always include you in our prayers. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping us updated with your blog. I want you to know that we have been praying for Roland and you and your family in all our prayers. We sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much and always, always have you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! Wish we were a little closer and could do more... Sure love you guys. So tough this mountain you are called to climb, but you are so wise to see it with eternal eyes. You are in our prayers multiple times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew and I have had you all in our prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated and allowing us to apply our faith toward strengthening your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. prayers for your family . be strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you guys and wish I was there to give you and the family a big hug. You all are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are with you. Such a tough road. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete