Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Mohawk

I have cut Roland's hair since we first started dating.  I have always preferred it to be longer than he wanted it, so he would often ask me to cut it "as short as you can possibly stand it."  Tonight he started noticing hair on the keyboard of his laptop.  Then it started falling in clumps. I was not enthusiastic about cutting his hair short, but he was in such a fun mood about it and involved the kids.  Sterling was especially excited about styling it into a mohawk with gel. I tried to be a good sport, but needless to say it was much shorter than I could stand it. I was enjoying the "event-ness" of it, but then I started getting a little emotional.  If it weren't for the exuberance of the kids, I would have needed a time out to compose myself.  I saved the trimmings in an envelope.  I don't know why, but I figure I can always toss them later.  

Tori reminded me of this scripture: "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame." Alma 40:23


These ones are similar:"And not one hair, neither mote, shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of mine hand." Doctrine and Covenants 29:25


"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matthew 10:30

"But there shall not an hair of your head perish."  Luke 21:18

"Let him trust in me and he shall not be confounded; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed." Doctrine and Covenants 84:116

And then there is this one that makes you think,  hmmm?  Really? "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."  Luke 12:77


And these two funny ones:"And the man whose hair is fallen off his head, he is bald; yet is he clean." Leviticus 13:40


"And he that hath his hair fallen off from the part of his head toward his face, he is forehead bald: yet is he clean."  Leviticus 13:41


And so now he is in the market for some hats.



Ready
So Serious
Warrior
Just for fun
Almost gone


Sharing hers
Wow!



Based on MariLou's comment below, I felt like I should add one more photo.



Casey Conner Wanna-be

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word--he is such a wanna-be! Don't worry, Casey won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Now we have a matched set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roland looks like Patrick Stewart! I think he looks stunning bald! :)

    ReplyDelete