Sunday, January 20, 2013

Boot Camp

I few years ago Roland and I helped out at a "boot camp" themed youth activity. All the participants were issued dog tags with their names engraved on them. I have had them for over 13 years and today we decided to wear them as a symbol of our beginning of training in fighting cancer. 

We feel strong and happy. Roland has been off pain medicine since Friday at noon. Today the nurse at the hospital let me give one of Roland's injections. I don't like inflicting pain on him, but I try to see it as saving his life instead. I will start doing this for him regularly soon. I feel like the loving thoughts and gestures and prayers of so many dear friends and family are making the path more navigable. It feels like the many strands of a safety net are magically weaving beneath us. Our hearts are full of love and appreciation. This quote comes to mind often: "Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end." ~Indian Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment