Saturday, January 12, 2013

Three Smiles

It is a challenge to help him get comfortable. The "jack knife" seating position gives him the most lung capacity. Bob Goodman invited us to pick up a recliner he doesn't need, so Roland was somewhat social in that when Austin, Tikla, Skylar and Tori visited this weekend. It is excruciating to hiccough, yawn and cough, so he growls a lot instead. If he buries his head into his right shoulder he can endure the pain. I am keeping a chart of doses and times for medicines. It is a pleasure to serve him and he appreciates every little thing. As long as he is on blood thinners (this is two painful shots in the tummy every day), there will be no more new clots and little by little his body will absorb the existing clots. It is music to me to hear him breathing as he sleeps. I feel strong today. I need to remember to take care of me too. My mom left this morning and I miss her, but appreciate that she stayed to help strengthen me while Roland was in the hospital. Today Roland smiled three times and I treasured each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment