Thursday, January 17, 2013

Why Isn't the Phone Ringing?

This wait has been making me crazy. I got to thinking that maybe I could take a look at the biopsy--just to hurry things along. Since there was no call this morning, I started calling beginning with the hospital. The lab worker told me she has the results but she is not "trained to read them." It seems like the doctor could write the results in an easy to read way such as "yes" or "no". I could even conduct the training sessions for reading the results. Then I called the doctor's office, but the one who reads results is in a room with a patient. "Don't worry," she says to me "Trish will call you back today." Today? That could be 5:00. Really? Next I tried the Oncology Clinic (We have a tenative appointment) to talk with the very nice nurse there. It feels like we have been great long time friends when I talk with her, but she was with a patient probably being long time friends to that person. When you are waiting for a phone call, the way to make the call come faster is to not be anywhere near the phone. Roland is feeling pretty rested and seeing me pacing prompted him to comfort me by saying in an almost embarrassed way, "I'm pretty sure what they saw in my lung is just a blob of peanut butter I inhaled."

1 comment: